Hello guys and welcome to a new tutorial on the most famous (nooooot ^-^) Kaigara Online website.
After completing this tutorial, you will have a rooted Motorola Defy Plus device with the latest Android Kitkat version via Cyanogenmod 11 (CM11).
I have a Motorola Defy Plus device and if yours is Motorola Defy, please read all the links carefully before doing any operation.
The tutorial will go to all steps from stock ROM, to rooting, to installing Custom Recovery, to flashing Cyanogenmod. If you find yourself in an intermediate state, please follow the tutorial from that point forward.
Here is what i did:
- Follow PART 1 of this guide. (Now you have a rooted Motorola Defy Plus)
- Follow PART 2 of the same guide, BUT, on step 3 use the latest ROM from here and corresponding Gapps. (Now you have Custom Recovery installed and Android JellyBean 4.3 via CM10.2)
- Download and put this file on the root of the sdcard. This will update the Recovery with TWRP recovery, a touch friendly recovery or a CWM recovery on steroids.
- Read the official thread on xda by the great Quarx and read about eventual problems related to Kitkat on Defy. (If you succesfuly install CM10.2 on your device, you will not have any problems…i didn’t. ^-^).
- Download the CM11 Kitkat ROM from here and put the zip on the root of the sdcard. (I used the latest one cm-11-20141017-NIGHTLY-mb52x.zip).
- Download the GAPPS from here and put the zip on the root of the sdcard.
- For CM after 01 october 2014 you will need sdcard and ~30mb free space. Quarx explained that in the Kitkat thread on point 4 but i will go in a little more detail.
- Download defy.zip or bravo.zip (depend on your phone) from http://quarx2k.ru/index2.php?dir=oth…map3_bootstrap (NOTE: unzip defy.7z and put the new_bootstrap.zip and resize.zip on the root of the sdcard).
- Now you should have on the root of the sdcard the following files: cm-11-20141017-NIGHTLY-mb52x.zip, gapps (whatever you downloaded), new_bootstrap.zip, resize.zip.
- Boot into TWRP (at boot, when the led turns blue, press the volume down button > press Recovery > TWRP).
- Install new_bootstrap.zip. (DON”T do any wipe till i say so!!!)
- Boot again into TWRP and install resize.zip.
- Install cm-11-20141017-NIGHTLY-mb52x.zip
- Install gapps
- Now is the first time you should Wipe cache/dalvik
- Reboot into oblivion Mmuuuwwaaaahhaaaaaaaa!!!
If you choose to DONATE TO THIS WEBSITE, I will donate myself to the project above! ^-^.
Have fun!!! ^-^