Hello guys and welcome to a new tutorial on the most famous (nooooot ^-^) Kaigara Online website.
After completing this tutorial, you will have a rooted Motorola Defy Plus device with the latest Android Kitkat version via Cyanogenmod 11 (CM11).
I have a Motorola Defy Plus device and if yours is Motorola Defy, please read all the links carefully before doing any operation.
The tutorial will go to all steps from stock ROM, to rooting, to installing Custom Recovery, to flashing Cyanogenmod. If you find yourself in an intermediate state, please follow the tutorial from that point forward.
Here is what i did:
- Follow PART 1 of this guide. (Now you have a rooted Motorola Defy Plus)
- Follow PART 2 of the same guide, BUT, on step 3 use the latest ROM from here and corresponding Gapps. (Now you have Custom Recovery installed and Android JellyBean 4.3 via CM10.2)
- Download and put this file on the root of the sdcard. This will update the Recovery with TWRP recovery, a touch friendly recovery or a CWM recovery on steroids.
- Read the official thread on xda by the great Quarx and read about eventual problems related to Kitkat on Defy. (If you succesfuly install CM10.2 on your device, you will not have any problems…i didn’t. ^-^).
- Download the CM11 Kitkat ROM from here and put the zip on the root of the sdcard. (I used the latest one cm-11-20141017-NIGHTLY-mb52x.zip).
- Download the GAPPS from here and put the zip on the root of the sdcard.
- For CM after 01 october 2014 you will need sdcard and ~30mb free space. Quarx explained that in the Kitkat thread on point 4 but i will go in a little more detail.
- Download defy.zip or bravo.zip (depend on your phone) from http://quarx2k.ru/index2.php?dir=oth…map3_bootstrap (NOTE: unzip defy.7z and put the new_bootstrap.zip and resize.zip on the root of the sdcard).
- Now you should have on the root of the sdcard the following files: cm-11-20141017-NIGHTLY-mb52x.zip, gapps (whatever you downloaded), new_bootstrap.zip, resize.zip.
- Boot into TWRP (at boot, when the led turns blue, press the volume down button > press Recovery > TWRP).
- Install new_bootstrap.zip. (DON”T do any wipe till i say so!!!)
- Boot again into TWRP and install resize.zip.
- Install cm-11-20141017-NIGHTLY-mb52x.zip
- Install gapps
- Now is the first time you should Wipe cache/dalvik
- Reboot into oblivion Mmuuuwwaaaahhaaaaaaaa!!!
DONATE to Framaroot, Clockwork Recovery, TWRP, Cyanogenmod, Quarx (Paypal donations on the first page).
If you choose to DONATE TO THIS WEBSITE, I will donate myself to the project above! ^-^.
Have fun!!! ^-^
This guide will show you my way to root and install Cyanogenmod 10 (Jelly Bean) on a Motorola Defy Plus (MB526) with Bootloader 7 (version 9.1). The guide has 2 parts, rooting the device and installing the custom ROM.
DISCLAIMER: I and all developers of those tools will not be held responsible for any damage you will do to your device and i strongly advise you to read all the internet regarding this, and decide if you will go or not this way. Rooting WILL VOID THE WARRANTY of your device. So DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK!!!
NOTE 1: ROMs newer than CM10 will not work unless you have Clockworkmod 6 and up and this guide is not for that!!! No need for details so trust me on that one! ^-^
The device (Motorola Defy+ MB526) stock stats:
System version: 45.0.2310.MB526.AsiaRetail.en.03
Android version: 2.3.6
Kernel version: 22.214.171.124-ge281b6e hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid54#1
Build number: 126.96.36.199_DFP-231
PART 1 – ROOTING:
- On your device go to Settings>Applications>Development>Enable USB Debugging;
- On your device go to Settings>Applications> Enable Unknown sources;
- Download FRAMAROOT to your phone directly and install the apk;
- Open FRAMAROOT and just tap Ghimli;
- Your Defy+ is rooted!
Now you can install Hiuninstaller and uninstall the system apps (bloatware) you don’t want.
At this point, you can stay pretty happy with the cleaned stock ROM and stop here, but hey, we don’t want that don’t we, we’re hacking and here we go to part 2.
PART 2 – Flashing Cyanogenmod 10:
- Download and install on your phone 2nd init – ver.2.3; This version has the Clockworkmod 5.x version (now you understand the NOTE 1 at the beginning of the post);
- Open 2ndinit and press Install bootmenu – the red text will become green after successful install;
- Download and put on the root of you SD card Quarx CM10 mod and GoogleApps ; NOTE 2: Here i made some mistakes and downloaded the latest CM10 mod (around july-sep 2012) and the GoogleApps (august 2013) and things went pretty bad: nu keyboard, no network, nu USB recognition. What i did was to flash a prior CM10 version and Google Apps around the date of the CM10 ROM. The links on step 3 are the ones that are as much as posibble new and are working together!
- Power Off your phone (when you Power On, be prepared when the phone LED turns Blue);
- Power On the device and the LED turns Blue, press the Volume Down button;
- Navigate through the menu with the Volume buttons and accept with the Power button and use the Back or Go Back links to go back up one level of the menu;
- Go to Recovery, create a nandroid backup of your current ROM, if things will go bad you will restore your old ROM. So go to “Backup and Restore”, and then select “Backup” again, backup all;
- Select the wipe data/factory reset;
- Select wipe cache;
- From the main menu, select Advance and wipe Delvik cache;
- Select “Install Zip from SD Card” > “Choose Zip from SD Card” and select the ROM zip file you put on the root of your SD card;
- Wait! ^-^
- Repeat step 11 to install the Google Apps package also on the root of your SD card;
- Go Back and select “Reboot System Now.”
- Waaaaaaaaiiit!!! The first boot will take tones of time to load so be patient O.o; If you think you are waiting way to long: take off the battery, put it back, go in Recovery (when the LED goes Blue, press the Down Volume button) and do steps 8, 9, 10, after that Reboot.
New device stats:
Android version: 4.1.1
Enjoy JellyBean! ^-^
PLEASE DONATE to the makers of Framaroot and Cyanogen mod.
If you choose to DONATE TO THIS WEBSITE, I will donate myself to Framaroot and Cyanogen! ^-^